With many different types of Web Hosting services available, it can be puzzling at moments but it is much crucial to select a genuine web hosting solution while you are going to start a website. So through this post we will guide through the whole process and share with you some main advantages of moving from Shared Hosting to VPS Hosting Server.
Benefits of Moving from Shared Hosting to VPS Hosting
Shared Hosting Service
Shared hosting is a method for Web hosting companies to place a large number of users on a single server. A web server is similar as a computer with a processor, memory, RAM and a hard drive. Shared hosting is a situation when you lease a small piece of a server, that’s being divided by many other user’s websites. You are not allowed to customize anything but you share server management, maintenance cost as well as other responsibility. Shared hosting is the widely known and most commonly used method of hosting a website. Many times it will be shared out amongst hundreds of other users, and because all the websites are hosted on the one physical machine it just takes a handful of bigger, high traffic websites to consume too many resources like memory, web space etc., and therefore your website will be affected very badly. In most of the cases Shared hosting is the first step people take when creating their first website, generally because it is economical, cheapest and very easy to set up. However if you are serious about what you do and best at it, your website will surpass shared web hosting at a fast speed which means you will need to move to a bigger host or upgrade to higher package.
Drawbacks of Shared hosting
- Very limited resources.
- In Shared Hosting your website performance may be badly affected by your neighbors websites hosted on the same server.
- In some situations you might have to face long term troubles with scalability and website backup.
- There is a high possibility to facing security issues for sharing a same server with others.
- The customer service may not be as good as those of dedicated packages.
- Servers can get overburdened and freeze up all the websites.
VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Servers)
Virtual Private Server is the next wise step once you’ve surpassed shared hosting. On a VPS (Virtual Private Server), website users are assigned resources that are not shared with anyone else. All resources such as CPU power, web space and memory are shared over all accounts available on the machine, but simultaneously, slices of those server resources are always separately dedicated to each and every account. This feature permits for more capacity and flexibility than being on a shared hosting account. A VPS is known as private server, virtual server VPS that lie around on an extremely strong physical machine. But dissimilar to Shared Server hosting, you have assured quota of system resources that only you have approach to. Therefore, even if there is a large web page than yours on another VPS portion, hosted on the same physical server, that will not really matter as you are always assured the system resources that you are already paying for. Additionally, once your website grows, you can freely upgrade your VPS account to a more powerful option in just a minutes of time. You can choose VPS hosting India in any of the following situations:
- Expansion of your business website beyond shared hosting stage.
- Assumption for a outstanding increase in traffic and visitors over the next few days or months.
- Planning to work with confidential, highly secured data in your business.
- Objective to increase crowd which in turn needs a greater email volume.
- Goal to host multiple domains, website, blogs or different kind of applications very soon.
Various Benefits of VPS Hosting:
- You will have an enormous web space and bandwidth/transfer which permits you to do what you love.
- You are free to upgrade or downgrade your subscription at any moment.
- You are free to configure anything you want on the server as you own it.
- Freely Operate your own batch files to create numerous services inside the web server with the help of shell access.
- You will get an extensive and dedicated 24*7 Customer Service which will help you to manage your website.
- You can have easy compatibility and website backup in this technique.
Dissimilarity between Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting:
- Server Resources: In Shared hosting you will have access to a limited number of server resources at the same time VPS hosting permits private web spaces, having large amount of resource availability.
- Website Security: VPS Hosting is highly secure compare to shared hosting.
- Level of Control: VPS hosting offers more control over the server as you can add or remove any preferred programs, software, applications, and scripts. You will have more raised flexibility and security level which is very beneficial. In shared hosting you will not have control over the server.
When to move to VPS Hosting from Shared hosting?
You can opt to move from Shared hosting to VPS hosting in any of the following situations listed below:
- When your website is eating all your processors.
- Your website is consuming all of your CPU power, RAM and Memory resources.
- If you need complete control on Server.
- You are planning to send more emails.
- If you are looking for excellent website performance and safely.
- If you want to enlarge the existing performance level of your website.
- If you are planning to personalize the website appearance and settings.
Conclusion: Upgrading to VPS Hosting India from shared web hosting server is a situation that each and every business/website owner either small or medium sized will definitely experience and at that moment they will surely admire the advantages of VPS Hosting solution.